Sunday, January 5, 2014

Spendthrift

Every since I started to get ~$800 a month, I became such a spendthrift.. I guess because i didn't really work during the holidays after I graduate to enlistment, and haven been getting allowance from anywhere and living on savings. And i'm kinda influenced by the fact that i'll be getting a raise this coming june after i commission to 1k+! Shit.. hope this doesn't becomes a habit. NS IS A GOOD TIME TO SAVE UP!

Anyway I must be crazy! Haven't spent so much money in a day for 20 years.
Drop by town yesterday for last minute purchases for social night. Already prepared myself to spend quite a sum but didn't expect so much. Haha just dug out my receipts.

Suit Blazer from G2000 $289
Suit Pants from G2000 $109
2x Dress socks $32
2x Formal Shirt from Zara $138
Bow Tie from Zara $39
Oxford Dress Shoe from Topman $89
Analog watch from Solvi et Titus $250 (+ $30 for extra strap)

Total: $972

Haha, no la just kidding, thx to some sales happening now, managed to cut down a bit of cost in total. Still, never spent so much on myself before rofl. But didn't regret! Not everyone gets the chance to attend a social night! Even though it's pretty much like prom night, it's different because it's just for the Singapore cadets. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience :) So excited!

Well another reason is that during my enlistment, I kinda promised myself to pamper myself and Gf back then a bit if I get into officer cadet course (even though not the SAF, but SPF~), by buying a pair of luxurious watch for me and her(like a cheesy couple thing to do since I haven't done anything like it). Back then already prepared to spend near a thousand on it. Considering how I'll be earning 2x normal man's allowance for 2years in NS, it's not too much i guess :x. Oh well, now that I'm single and spending for myself, i believe i'll get to save up a bit more haha, not too bad!

Looking forward to the 17th now!